Raving about Radishes
How to make pickled radish wraps. This is a perfect appetizer for a dinner party!
- 14 pickled radish paper (ssam-mu), 1 pack
- 70 g yellow bell pepper / capsicum, (2.5 ounces), seed removed and julienned
- 70 g carrot (2.5 ounces), peeled and julienned
- 100 g cucumber (3.5 ounces), seed removed and julienned
- 70 g imitation crab sticks (2.5 ounces), julienned
- 20 g salami (0.7 ounces), julienned
- 25 g snow pea sprouts (0.9 ounces)
- 12 g chives (0.4 ounces), (or garlic chives, water dropwort), (optional)
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
OTHER FILLING OPTIONS
- Shredded chicken
- Smoked ham
- Cooked cocktail shrimps
- Smoked duck
- Shredded egg omelette
- King Oyster Mushroom
- Radish sprouts
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together. Add the rice vinegar last, otherwise the mustard sauce will be separated.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, adding a pinch of salt. Once boiling, blanch your string vegetable (chives, garlic chives or water drop) for one minute. – This step is only necessary if you plan on tying the radish wraps.
- Place the pickled radish on an assembly plate or board. Place a small portion of each prepared ingredient – e.g. bell peppers / capsicum, carrots, imitation crab sticks, ham / salami, and radish sprouts onto the radish paper. Fold the radish half gently to make a half moon shaped wraps. If tying, gather both ends of the radish paper and wrap around the radish wrap with your choice of edible string – e.g. garlic chives or water dropwort. Repeat this with the remaining ingredients and assemble the radish wraps on a plate.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
South Korean designers are dipping their toes into the world of metafashion, with the government launching its first-ever digital wardrobe. 30 outfits are planned to be completed with model line-up being A-list actress Han Sun-hwa, singer Ravi, and model Jaesi. Read more here!